Wednesday 28 November 2012

Do-It-Yourself :- Accessories Display Tray

What happens when you have TOO many accessories for a lifetime? All lying around without a proper place to store them. 

I am a sucker for accessories, especially rings, bangles, bracelets. ESPECIALLY rings! 


So I figured I should get something practical to keep them organized. I actually saw this idea at Forever 21 one day while out shopping. 

What you need :-
A tiered cupcake display tray (got mine from Ikea)
Fancy paper doilies (I didn't have one at hand so I found printed serviette napkins in the kitchen cupboard!)
Paper scissors


The tiered cupcake tray came in seperate pieces, which you have to assemble yourself. 
What I did was I cut up one piece of serviette napkin into 3 pieces. If you have beautiful paper doilies, use 3 pieces. And basically I use these to line each tray. 

Of course you are welcome to not use anything to line the tray. I just thought I'd 'beautify' the whole experience.

Make sure you cut a small hole in the middle which would enable you to screw the poles in place



And now you can place all your accessories on each tray. 
I use the top section for all my rings, and the bottom two trays for bangles, chunky necklaces and my vintage  metal-links belt.


Sweetie decided she wanted in on the photo session too. Obviously she loved my display!


I even used a Bickford's Sarsaparilla bottle for my watches....and the side of my mirror frame for my necklaces! Talk about recycling.


Go forth and create. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment