Saturday 1 December 2012

Do-It-Yourself :- Studded-collar biker jacket.

I am a huge fan of Burberry's studded jackets. Particularly this Burberry Prorsum biker.

So I thought I'd make my own version instead. 


What you need :-
A biker jacket
Some screw-back silver spike studs
Ruler
A light-coloured colour pencil
Something sharp to poke holes on your jacket (I used a snipper)


My jacket actually only cost RM79.90. And after I bought it, I realized a friend of mine designed it!


A close friend of mine helped me buy these studs from China. Apparently they are a lot cheaper there, especially when bought wholesale. But these are also available at local stores that sell sewing materials, like the one in Sungei Wang Plaza at Bukit Bintang. I also didn't have anything proper to poke holes with so I improvised with my sharp snipper.

Here is a close-up of the screw-back spike studs.

Basically I used the white colour pencil to mark where I wanted the studs to be, used the snipper to create a small hole, insert the screw from the back of the collar, and screw the top in place.


Back view of the collar.

Et voila! My own budget version of a studded-collar biker jacket.

Go forth, create and enjoy! 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment