Thursday 20 March 2014

Kiss Me Once



I have all the reason to shout for joy and celebrate at the moment.
I know I am a few days late.
And I am aware the tracks were made available/leaked online,
but I made it a point not to listen to anything except the first single 
until the actual album is in stores and I have it in my hands.
Which I did last night. 

So after her release of The Abbey Road Sessons in 2012,
Kiss Me Once was born on 14th March 2014.
The album saw Kylie worked with a bunch of people whom she hasn't worked with before,
namely Pharrell Williams who wrote and co-produced a track called "I Was Gonna Cancel",
duetted with Enrique Iglesias for a beautiful ballad named "Beautiful",
and Sia Furler who collaborated on the album as co-executive producer
as well as writer for the songs "Kiss Me Once" and "Sexercize".
Ms. Minogue even got to remake a song that was originally titled Indiana by Tom Aspaul,
and renamed the track as "Feels So Good".

Overall, the album has a fair bit of something old and something new, something borrowed and
hey.....something BLUE!
There are a couple of tracks that screams Kylie signature,
and a few that still has Kylie written all over it but with a fresh twist.


First single "Into The Blue" has all the makings of a Kylie pop track.
Rather reminiscent to her previous hit "All The Lovers" from her Aphrodite album,
this wonderful piece is made up of pure eletropop perfection with accompanying strings on the background.
The music video was shot by Dawn Shadforth who previously worked with Kylie on Spinning Around and the iconic Can't Get You Out Of My Head.


And then we have this rather interesting music video she made and released recently
for Sexercize.
To be honest with you, I wasn't keen on the track when I first listened to it last night,
but the promotional video shot for it gave it a new light to me.
And we get to see that famous Minogue bum once again!

All in all, I am pretty impressed with the album as a whole.
And I have been listening to it non-stop at the office since this morning.

It's shaping up to be a great day so far.

Good job Minogue!

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment